Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus provides “on the go” health resources, education, and social information within a free mobile app designed by and for Black gay, bisexual, and same gender loving men. It is available on both iOS and Android-based devices.
Download HIS Lifestyle Mobile to find:
- Your Black Gay Chicago – Discover events for men in the community
- Care You Deserve – Remember to filter by your needs/interests
- Expert Health Advice – Get tailored and private sexual health recommendations
- Community Blog Articles – Read stories, articles, and information
Content is updated weekly. Want to suggest a local resource or event?Connect With Us
Mobile App Development
Between 2005 and 2011, we conducted a series of forums around community health where attendees continued to voice the same concerns:
- Lack of tailored HIV/STI education, screening opportunities, and treatment options
- Lack of awareness around local culturally competent healthcare services
- Lack of social support services and safe spaces
With access to smartphones increasing within our community, we saw an opportunity for a set of self-directed tools using mobile app technology as a platform.
With support from Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH), we developed HIS Lifestyle Mobile, a user-friendly sexual health management tool that connects Black gay/bisexual men to a variety of resources in Chicago, both sexual health-related and community-based. With input from our various constituencies we also added social resources to ensure that users were provided information to strengthen their connection to the community.
This approach allows our health marketing reach to be broadly disseminated at a relatively low cost over time. Additionally, it provides users a confidential, near-anonymous experience where they can access information in their own time.